TIME.CO, Jakarta – Whatsapp launched the Channel feature globally. Previously, Meta introduced the Channels feature on WhatsApp to users in Colombia and Singapore last June.
The company supports it WhatsApp channel it’s a simple, reliable and private way to receive important updates from people and organizations within WhatsApp.
“Today we are excited to launch WhatsApp channels in more than 150 countries and provide a private way to receive the updates that matter to you,” the company said in a blog post cited by Gadgets now.
“We welcome thousands of organizations, sports teams, artists and thought leaders for people to follow, directly on WhatsApp.”
WhatsApp channels work like a tool transmission which allows administrators to send text messages, photos, videos, stickers and surveys. To make it easier for users to find channels of interest, the company has developed a searchable directory.
Through this directory users can find channels related to their hobbies, sports clubs, the latest news from local authorities and much more.
WhatsApp channels are located in a separate tab in the app. Other users will not be able to see channels followed by other users. Personal information such as phone numbers will also not be visible to admins or followers.
Additionally, users have the option to join WhatsApp channels via an invitation link shared in chat or email.
If you want to create a WhatsApp channel, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp Web then click on the Channel icon
- Click the “+” icon and continue creating a channel
- Click “Continue” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Add a name to the channel to complete the channel creation. You can change your name again at any time.
- You can choose to customize your channel settings by adding descriptions and icons or skipping them.
- Add a channel description: Write a few words to help potential followers know what your channel is about.
- Add channel icon: Add images from mobile or web to make your channel more attractive.
- Once the settings are complete, click Create Channel and you will have successfully created your channel Whatsapp.
Editors Choice: WhatsApp releases screen sharing feature – here’s what you need to know
Quoted From Many Source